8th Border | I am not a racist, do I?


Imagine that scene: You are on a journey with a bus. In the middle of the trip there is a 20 min break. You notice that everyone left the bus and decide to go back and make sure your stuff are not getting stolen. When entering inside you see an awkward gypsy woman sneaking next to her kid into a pretty luxurious bag while talking rapidly to a strange language you don't understand. How do you react? Someone's stuff are being stolen!

I kinda looked her into her eyes angrily. I was shocked. Having been burglared few weeks before seems to awaken into me rough feelings. I thought: "How bad it is to use your kid as a co-theft"!

She left the stuff there and rushed to go outside. I felt like not doing anything. At least she probably didn't steal anything and having her smugged from a whole bus in front of her son was a hell of a punishment for the kid.

I thought of asking people to come and check their stuff but none was close to the bus. I sat on my seat sad thinking about the disgrace and sympathy of our civilisation that gets people pushed to steal in order to eat a piece of bread and others to steal because too much is never enough. I sat there lone and sad to only understand a while later that that gypsy woman was just another passenger of the bus travelling with her kid!

I sat sad there forever. I understand that I am deceived about racism spread around us, about the racism I could have stupidly spread also.

No comments:

Post a Comment