Bridge 6 | People Love People

People Love People. How important are "People" in that phrase?


When I was a bit younger I suggested my grandma to put in the same box a chicken and dog! I thought that the outcome would be magnificent. A dog that takes care of the ingredients of your omelete and... who knows? Maybe flying also a bit.


My grandma hopefully seemed a hell wiser than me and told me that a chicken whould never believe a male dog saying that he will take care of her kids so she would never born these hush puppies.


So, I came up with a conclusion. Roosters love chickens, male dogs love female dogs as exactly men fell in love with women! What a kid!


I was raised with that kind of the idea considering anything else as paranormal activity. Lately though I got across with many new phenomena. A woman in Germany engaged to the Berlin Wall, a guy from Japan got married to a game boy character that was about to last as much as the batteries did and I was feeling fallen apart that never thought of getting married with the green rug in my room I am so much in love with.


In the beggining I thought: "Hmmm, weird people!". Then I made jokes: "What if the Berlin Wall cheat on his wife?". But then I saw a documentary on people finding love in the face of a plastic, not cheap at all, hologram of a real person, doll.


Almost a bit of desperate of look got in my eyes. How could I now say to my grandma that she just said to me 20 years before a freaky lie? Does she know that maybe a chicken will never give birth to a dog's child but might end up finding the only love left on earth on a dog's face?


The documentary I saw called "Guys and Dolls" depicts the lives of men that end up with the choice of a plastic partner. It is so easy to judge someone like that, so easy to stick the "Retarted" label on them, but what if we are all retarted?


We are retarted. Yes, we do. We don't understand that there are people around us that they need love and this need is a universal feeling. They prefer to receive it from the leg of a chair, than from none. 


We don't seem to understand that in the phrase "People Love People", the only word deserving to be written in capitals can not be touched by "...".


Guys and Dolls
 

No comments:

Post a Comment