Bridge 8 | "Selling" Santa Claus to town



The moment we learn that our red-hat Santa doesn’t exist is the moment we lose our childhood.

It is the moment that the magic world we live in, with all the love-sharing heroes and kind elves comes to an end. It is the moment that fantasy becomes reality and the world around us looks a bit more like the world we know today. That’s why we should cater a lot for the bridge from childhood to adolescence.

These days I am always thinking the way I learnt about Santa Claus. I think my parents did the best work in that and I want to share it with you briefly.

Few years before, I had a fight with my friends in school, where half of us were claiming that Santa was true and the rest claiming that Santa is a totally made up story. I was left aside, a bit of sad, wondering why parents didn’t meet in a conference or something to decide which story to tell to their kids and prepared my words in order to show them that I am not a child and as an adult I demanded the truth I deserved. (:

My mam told me then that unfortunately many many years before Santa did live and was a real giving person. And that was the reason people got inspired and continued his service under the mask of Santa Claus. They asked me sorry for telling that lie to me, but they told that it is important to Santa the kids to believe in him.

P.S. My side effect was to dream to become a Santa on day, but don’t worry, I woke up early!

No comments:

Post a Comment